The National Advisory Group for the Quality Framework checked our portfolio.They were very impressed by the detailed evidence presented in the portfolio. They particularly complimented us on:
- The clear programmes of study and the wide range of creative and colourful resources.
- The excellent induction, training and meetings for staff, with clear expectations and signed behaviour contracts, templates for lesson planning and evidence of a clear and detailed curriculum for all ages.
- The existence of two supply teachers to ensure continuity was particularly noted.
- On the governance side, the advisory group, was especially impressed with the involvement of the management committee in budgetary control.
- Finally they noted that Sheffield Chinese School was to be complemented on the way the portfolio was presented and the detailed additional information that had been provided on each of the QF standard divider pages.
We are delighted to receive recognition for our commitment to achieving the highest standards in the languages teaching yet again and I would like to thank all of our volunteers for their hard work and commitment.
Special thank you to our deputy head teacher Dr. Mike Ho for preparing the Gold Portfolio, Miss Isabelle van der Bom for updating the Gold Portfolio prior the recognition meeting, and Mrs Sarah Chan for presenting the Gold Portfolio at the recognition meeting December the 13th.
Paul Cheung, Head teacher